Frequently Asked Questions October 20, 2008Posted by alancapel in Web Pages.
Q: What is a definitive description of the Alexander Technique?
A: The Alexander Technique is:
- A lifelong exploration into the territory covering the description we have given ourselves as a species – that of human beings. Something, unfortunately that we rarely are.
- Learning to live quietly and without conflict inside the structure we inhabit. Interrupting stereotyped response patterns.
- Gaining clarity of the direction of our being.
- Acquiring the ability to learn from the inside.
- Awareness and presentness and realising our narrowing of both.
- Raising to consciousness that our intention will shape everything – and realising that clarity of intention is of paramount importance – not just its accuracy, but also its appropriateness.
- Named after Frederick Matthias Alexander – who often referred to the Technique
as The Work.
- Whatever you understand it to be at this point in time!
Q: How do I get more information on the Technique?
A: Visit the “courses” section of this site to get a further understanding of the various classes available. Alternatively, you can email me with any questions.